Please note, these are applicable to all guests booked as part of a single reservation, or group of reservations.
Reservations and Payment
i) The balance of the cost of all stays must be paid in full prior to departure. Any outstanding balances will (with prior agreement) be charged to a credit/debit card we hold on behalf of the booking.
- ii) In the event of an unsecured reservation, the full price of the inclusive cost of the stay will be payable on arrival.iii) Cheques will only be accepted as payment for any goods or services by prior arrangement and cannot be used for settlement of accounts. In any event, 20 working days clearance will be required.iv) The house credit limit is £750.00. Once an account nears this limit, prompt payment is required.v) All accounts will be subject to an optional gratuity on services only of 3% which may be removed or increased upon request.vi) All prices, where applicable, are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. We reserve the right to amend prices where there is a change in VAT.
Cancellations and Amendment
vii) In the event of cancellation, amendment or postponement, the following scale of charges will be applicable (where we are unable to recover our losses at full occupancy):
– 1 months’ notice or more: £25.00 per person administration fee. The remaining deposit will be refunded.
– 14 days to 1 months’ notice: full deposit retained.
– Less than 14 days’ notice or failure to arrive: full deposit retained plus additional charge to cover the inclusive cost of the stay. We reserve the right to use the credit/debit card held on behalf of the booking to cover the additional charge.
viii) Guests who wish to terminate their stay prior to the original departure date will be charged a termination fee to cover the full cost of the remaining nights.
ix) Ragdale Hall reserves the right at all times to cancel, modify or terminate a reservation in the event there are serious grounds for doing so. We will contact you in such circumstances and deal with any losses incurred in accordance with your legal rights.
x) Ragdale Hall accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any vehicle or the contents therein, howsoever caused, whilst parked within the grounds, whether parked or not by our valet service unless it is solely due to negligence of the Company, its employees or agents.
Conditions of Stay
xi) Unless specified otherwise, arrival is not permitted before 3.00 pm. In the event of early arrival, a surcharge of £75.00 will be levied. Guests are requested to vacate their rooms by 11.00 am and depart by 2.00 pm. Failure to do so may result in a day’s surcharge being levied.
xii) Ragdale Hall is not a medical centre and you are advised to visit your GP should you have any concerns regarding your current state of health.
xiii) Information on the fourteen major food allergens is available on request. Some allergens may be listed on our menus, but if you have any questions about the presence of food allergens, please ask before ordering. We take allergies seriously and we endeavour to assist where possible. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your food choices are suitable for your personal consumption.
xiv) Please note – whilst we endeavour to guide you during your stay, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure your exercise and spa activities and treatment selection is suitable for your current state of health.
- xv) Before undertaking any treatment or exercise, guests will be required to complete and sign a health questionnaire, which will be checked to ensure suitability of treatments and activities. Please note the minimum guest age is 16 years old.
xvi For guests’ peace of mind and security, CCTV cameras are installed at key locations within the Hall and grounds. Ragdale Hall cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to guests’ personal effects unless due to negligence. Excessive amounts of cash or valuables should not be brought to the Hall. All personal items should be covered by your own insurance.
xvii) We take every care to ensure that, at the time of going to print, the details in our literature were accurate regarding the description and information about facilities available or planned to be available. Our photographs are intended for general guidance only. There may be occasions when advertised services or facilities need to be withdrawn temporarily due to repair, adverse weather conditions or other factors out of our control.
xviii) Ragdale Hall takes precautions to try to ensure that information contained in booking confirmations is correct. However, in the unlikely event of error, the terms of the agreement are those agreed at the time of the booking. Customers are therefore requested to check the accuracy of booking confirmations thoroughly and contact Ragdale Hall if there are any discrepancies.
xix) We reserve the right to charge individual guests or lead guests for the cost of rectifying damage which has been caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless acts of guests to Ragdale property or structure. If such damage is discovered during the stay it will be drawn to the guest’s attention but if identified after guests have departed then we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card or send an invoice for the costs for payment to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that guests would incur to a minimum.
- xx) We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
xxi) Guests agree to be held personally liable for any charges incurred during their stay. In the event of a booking for more than one room the lead or registered guest (the lead guest) providing credit/debit card details is personally liable for any person, group, company or association that fails to pay all or part of such charges.
xxii) If you feel dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay with us, please speak to the Duty Manager. In most cases he or she will be able to assist immediately so that you can enjoy the rest of your visit. Where this is not the case, write to the Guest Services Manager preferably within 21 days after the end of your visit at the following address: Ragdale Hall Spa, Ragdale Village, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3PB. Wherever possible, complaints should be raised with the duty manager prior to departure