Your guide to starting a wellness journal
If you’re looking for a way to reduce stress, keep anxiety at bay and bring mental clarity, then keeping a wellness journal could hold the key to transporting your mindfulness practice to the next level. In this blog, we’re taking a look at what exactly a wellness journal entails, the benefits, and how to get started on your mindfulness journey.
What is a wellness journal?
A wellness journal is a journal dedicated to keeping track of your wellbeing. It’s a bit different to regular journaling, which involves writing out your thoughts and feelings or daily experiences – wellness journals are designed with the intent of tracking a goal or an intention. You can enhance your writing by meditating with a crystal to develop your ideas.
What are the benefits?
- Keeping a wellness journal can be beneficial for your wellbeing, by giving you the gift of time – time to relax and clear your mind, focus on your goals, and feel more positive.
- You’ll be able to track your progress as you go, to look back on your personal growth and see how far you’ve come.
- By starting to write about your challenges and achievements, it can drive you towards your goals, and help to bring any visions to life.
- You might start to feel more grateful in your everyday life.
- Letting go of any daily stresses and feeling an overall sense of calm.
I’m ready to begin my wellness journey
- Find a cosy, quiet spot in the house to settle down to write.
- First things first, you need to find your ‘why?’ Why are you doing this, and what do you want to achieve? From here, ideas may start to develop.
- Focus on one idea – this could be anything, from relationships, to your career, to your home or working on yourself.
- Write down your goal, and then take some time to reflect. Close your eyes, take three deep, clearing breaths, and focus intently on what it is that you want. Visualise yourself already having it, and focus on how grateful it makes you feel.
- From here, you might feel inspired to write more. What’s stopping you from achieving your goals? What are your true feelings? There really aren’t any rules to keeping a wellness journal, and it should be entirely personal to you.
- If you keep crystals, you could try using one to accompany your visualisation practice.