Put the ‘well’ in wellbeing with our invigorating Dancercise Break!
“When we left, we felt refreshed and full of energy, but more importantly we’d found our dancing feet again.”
Apparently, we all share a natural sense of rhythm… Dancing, unlike some forms of exercise, is a combination of physical activity, freedom of creativity and a way of emotional expression. Not only does dancing have positive effects on the body, but it also gives your brain a workout too!
Simply You Fashion Editor Julie, and her sister Jill, recently dusted off their dancing shoes to join us on one of our Dancercise Breaks – and, *big breath* they both LOVED it! Finding that life got in the way of their passion for dancing (something which we can all relate to), they decided to venture to Ragdale, where rediscovering their love of dance and reconnecting as sisters proved to be an incredibly positive experience.
“We were straight into learning some fantastic routines, including a hot Latin Salsa and an energetic jive! There was a mixed range of abilities and all the routines were delivered by dance teachers who ensured we were challenged, but that nothing was too complex,” comments Julie.
But what are the benefits?
- As it’s a low-impact form of cardio, it’s easy on your joints- but you’ll still improve your heart health and lose weight (bonus!)
- It will improve your flexibility and balance, which in turn should help to correct posture and muscle strength.
- Learning new routines can improve brain function and reduce your risk of dementia.
- Dancing regularly can reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Boost your happiness levels by connecting with other people and making new friends.
- Reconnect with yourself, improve your overall confidence and wellbeing.
Now it’s your time to get your dancing shoes on and get moving! Our two-night Dancercise Break is the perfect way to find your twinkle toes, get fit and have some fun with friends (or make some new ones!)
The package includes:
- Check in from 2pm on Thursday ready for your first session at 3pm
- A programme of specially designed dance-based classes that are not normally available at Ragdale Hall (or elsewhere)
- The opportunity to join our many other dance-based classes on the regular timetable
- Accommodation, breakfast served in your room, three course buffet lunch and three course dinner and use of all the Hall’s facilities including the Thermal Spa, pools, spa facilities and gym.
- The choice of a 40-minute treatment from:
Ragdale Prescription Facial or Classic Manicure or Calming Back and Scalp Massage.
Various dates for the Dancercise break are available, and prices start from £375 per person. If you would like to learn more about what can be expected on this break or enquire about availability, please contact our Reservations Team on 01664 433000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and may be subject to change.