Mango, orange and banana muffins
If you’re looking for a fruity twist on a classic recipe, then look no further than our Mango, Orange & Banana Muffins, straight from Ragdale’s kitchen – why not give these a try at home?
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped.
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar.
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten.
- 150ml corn oil.
- Half tsp vanilla extract.
- 325g (11oz) plain white flour.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- Pinch of salt.
- 100g (4oz) pecan nuts, chopped.
- 2 medium bananas, sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 180c, fan oven 160c, Gas Mark 4.
- Put 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mango, sugar and orange zest.
- In a jug, beat together the lime juice, eggs, corn oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour your jug mixture to the bowl and stir well. Now, sift together your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Finally, add the pecans and bananas and stir together until combined. Avoid over-mixing as this can affect the rise on your muffins.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases then and bake for 22-25 minutes until well-risen and golden brown.