Self tan tips from a Clarins pro!
The plummeting temperatures and forecast snow are a sure sign that winter is here, which means for many of us our summer tans have faded away completely (unless you’ve been lucky enough to have grabbed some winter sun abroad). But who says we can’t have gorgeous glowing tanned skin all year round, especially with those glitzy New Year’s Eve do’s to attend?
Marie McKeever, Head of Professional Training for Clarins, has some first class self tan tips to share with you to stop your tanning frustrations.
Marie, who has been part of the Clarins team for the last 15 years, has worked her way up from counter girl to one of the UK’s top therapists. Her outstanding knowledge of skincare played a key part in the development of the brands much sought after results driven Tri-Active treatments and products.
So place your trust in Marie and follow her seven commandments for a perfect tan without the sun:
• Exfoliate skin the day before, to eliminate dead skin cells and encourage an even tan. Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub
• Moisturise the skin with your regular moisturiser. Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion
• Apply the self-tanner with light smoothing motions, starting with the feet (avoid the soles) and finishing with the neck and face. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster
• Use a damp tissue to gently wipe the eyebrows and hairline after application.
• Wash hands and nails thoroughly after application.
• If necessary, repeat application 3 hours later, to intensify the tanning action.
• Reapply every 3-4 days to maintain your tan.