Ragdale Hall improves spa break accessibility
Multi award winning Leicestershire spa, Ragdale Hall improves spa break accessibility with a brand new adapted bedroom suitable for disabled guests or wheelchair users. The carefully planned adapted bedroom, which has only just opened for guest use, can also be enjoyed by able bodied guests too.
Where ever possible the room has been fully designed and furnished with both disabled and able bodied guests in mind:
- Spacious room with turning circle space for wheelchairs.
- Bedroom located next to the guest lift on the 1st floor.
- Standard height beds adaptable to lower height of 480mm for ease of transfer from wheelchairs if required (Reservations need to be informed prior to arrival if this is required)
- Twin beds with access space between, also convertible to a king size double bed.
- Breakfast table and dressing table both at a suitable height for wheelchair users to sit at for breakfast.
- All switches at accessible height for wheelchair users.
- Pull cord alarms fitted in bedroom and bathroom.
- Wardrobe designed for ease of access by wheelchair dependent guests. Accessible shelving and hanging space at lower and higher levels.
- Bathroom sanitary-ware and accessories all suitable for disabled guest use.
- Bathroom layout designed with wheelchair users in mind, including wheelchair turning space.
- Wet-room design, with level walk-in shower access.
- Removable shower seat available on request.
- Shower head can be positioned at both low and high level to suit all guests, with controls all positioned at suitable height for wheelchair user access.
- Grab rails in bathroom
The new room, though of Superior size and quality of décor, is being offered at the Standard room price.
This room is in addition to the other disabled facilities at Ragdale Hall:
- Disabled changing room and shower in the spa
- Disabled toilet on the ground floor in the Treatments area
- Pools with shallow steps and handrails
- Disabled parking area with porter assistance with luggage and parking
- Ramps on ground floor
- Flat ramp access to gardens
- Lift to bedroom floors
- Disabled friendly treatment rooms (no grab rails)
- Special dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Majority of treatments can be adapted to suit
It is also worth mentioning that our staff are not trained medical practitioners and disabled guests should always be accompanied by someone who can look after their everyday needs.
We are really looking forward to welcoming those guests who have previously found difficulties in being able to visit the Hall overnight on a spa break. Hopefully there will be some new ‘Ragdale regulars’ amongst them.
For further details view our disabled guest information here