Staff Kitchen Head Cook / Kitchen Manager – 39 hours per week
Dependent on experience.
Generous benefits package including £900 per year in tips (full time equivalent), free meals on duty, free transport from Melton Mowbray and Asfordby, uniforms, use of gymnasium and exercise classes, discounts on all Ragdale products, friends and family discount and much more. For more information please see our benefits and rewards page.
Hours of work:
39 hours per week between the hours of 8.00am – 7.00pm. Hours will be worked on a rota basis, to include working 2 weekends in 3.
About the position:
Our Head Cook/Kitchen Manager in our Staff Canteen is responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and leading the catering team in preparing Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for over 520 staff.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Plan, organise and monitor controls of food quality, presentation and service
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained at all times.
- Prepare food using fresh ingredients.
- Prepare menus and develop recipes.
- Ensure all team members are working in line with current legislation at all times.
- Previous experience in purchasing and stock control is desirable.
Qualifications & Skills required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment.
- Supervisory/Management skills.
- Relevant professional catering qualification.
- Good understanding of budgets.
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.