Chef De Partie
About this position:
The search is on for creative and talented individuals to join our foodie family here at Ragdale Hall Spa.
Now don’t worry, we may be a spa (one of the UK’s most prestigious spa’s by the way) but we don’t just dish up carrots and broccoli!
Our team of 20 devoted Chefs are gastronomic geniuses who produce food that not only tastes amazing but is healthy and nutritious as well.
It’s fast-paced so if you like being busy you’ll love it but we also know there is life outside the Kitchen so your 40 hour week really is a 40 hour week! There’s no split shifts so you’ll be finished by 10.00 pm.
We have a structured training and development programme and our Senior Chefs are loaded with knowledge and experience that they just can’t wait to pass on so you can be guaranteed to develop your skills.
There’s 2 Kitchens – the Main Kitchen and the smaller Verandah Lounge Kitchen – both using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create amazing food for over 200 guests every day.
Have we persuaded you yet?
Well, just in case, here’s a few other reasons to join us:
- Tips of £900 per year paid quarterly
- Chef whites
- Meals on duty (there is such thing as a free lunch)
- Use of the gym and exercise classes
- Free on-site parking
- Friends and family discount (trust us you’re going to be so popular!)
- 25% discount on products in all Ragdale’s retail areas
- 28 days holiday increasing with long service
- Company sick pay scheme after 1 year
- Employee lotto drawn quarterly with first prize of £1,000
- Great social events that are totally free or subsidised
Hours of work:
40 hours per week on a rota basis between the hours of 6.30 am and 10.00 pm.
Qualifications and skills required:
We’re looking for a minimum qualification of Level 2 in Cookery or equivalent but most importantly, you’ll need to be passionate about food and have a genuine desire to produce amazing food for our guests.
£21,000 per annum. Generous benefits package including tips of up to £900 per annum plus free meals on duty, uniforms (where applicable), transport from Melton Mowbray and Asfordby, use of gymnasium and exercise classes and much more.
For more details please see our benefits and rewards page.