Thursday 3rd – Saturday 5th September 2020 – finding your flow- SOLD OUT
If you’ve ever wondered how yoga can benefit you in your life, let Meg Jackson, the founder of Real Life Yoga and host of Ragdale’s 2020 Yoga Breaks, explain:
“Yoga is about being curious, not a contortionist. It’s about using amazing practices so that you can become the best version of you – in real life. If we want to live a truly healthy and happy life, it’s essential to get every bit of us working in harmony.”
“Improve your physical and mental wellbeing and you’ll find you’ll be able to cope with more of what life throws at you. Getting on a yoga mat can help with all this. And more.”
Meg founded Real Life Yoga (RLY) to help people to bring a little (or a lot) of yoga into their real lives. She is a 500 hours Yoga Alliance certified teacher, (which means she’s completed more than 500 hours of high quality training) and over the last ten-years has taught in a range of settings, from gyms to luxurious hotels, and from draughty church halls to corporate meeting rooms. She was also the Resident Yoga Teacher at an award-winning Caribbean health and fitness resort, and strongly believes everyone’s life can benefit from yoga. This will be the third year of Meg hosting yoga breaks at Ragdale Hall.
Finding your flow – what to expect
Join founder of Real Life Yoga, Meg Jackson, in this unique yoga break during which you’ll dive into the world of vinyasa yoga. “Vinyasa” is derived from the Sanskrit term nyasa, which means “to place,” and the prefix vi, “in a special way”, so this dynamic practice can give us the opportunity to tune into our bodies and minds in a whole new way. Each asana session will use the power of vinyasa yoga to explore an element of our practice; both physiologically and spiritually. We could be using our practice to find what is at our core, discovering how to relieve the weight of the world from our shoulders, or getting grounded against the twists and turns of real life. But following the flow doesn’t only happen when we move our bodies; it also happens when we try to still our minds too, so an important part of this break will be balancing our urge to move with our need to be still. You’ll get the most out of this yoga break if you’ve got at least six months consistent practice in yoga, but all poses will be offered with modifications.
Each Real Life Yoga Break includes:
– Welcome and introduction to the Break by Meg Jackson, including how to get the most from it and seven yoga sessions with Meg.
– Choice of two 25-minute treatments from:
- Soothing Back Massage?A Swedish-style massage, using medium pressure designed to release tension from the muscles of the back and neck.
- Conditioning Foot Treatment?A conditioning treatment utilising O.P.I’s specialist care products. The toe nails are cut or filed to the required length, the cuticles are conditioned and the feet are massaged. Please note this treatment does not treat severe calluses or hard skin and does not include nail paint.
- Conditioning Hand Treatment?A conditioning treatment utilising O.P.I’s specialist care products to restore or maintain hands and nails. This treatment includes nail filing, cuticle work and a hand massage, but does not include nail paint.
- Tension Release Scalp Therapy?A relaxing scalp massage which relieves tension over the head and neck.
– All meals including breakfast served to your room, three-course lunch and three-course dinner.
– You will also receive a Real Life Yoga pack with tips and hints on enhancing the effects of the break once at home.
– 2.00pm arrival on day one, departure on last day is at 2.00pm
– Full use of all Ragdale’s facilities including Thermal Spa, gym and exercise classes as listed under What’s included in every visit.
|Price per person sharing|
|Simple Room ?Our smallest rooms with restricted/little view, however they all have fresh, bright decor.||£398|
|Classic Room ?Slightly larger than Simple Rooms with different decor and in a different location. These rooms have restricted or no views. /The Lodge ?Ideal for a small group or individuals who seek a little seclusion. An attractive country cottage which houses four luxury twin bedded rooms and is situated 200 metres from the main entrance. Each room is equipped with a mini bar and Lodge guests also have the pleasure of a small private garden.||£447|
|Luxury Room ?Similar to our Superior Plus rooms but decorated differently, slightly smaller, although still spacious, with breakfast table and comfy chairs. Views in Luxury rooms vary.||£484|
To book please call Reservations on 01664 433000 or email reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book an extra night on the Wednesday evening prior to (or after for the February break only) the dates above for only £169 per person twin occupancy, and £199 per person in a single room.
It’s the perfect way to start your Yoga Break feeling relaxed and raring to go. Includes dinner, breakfast and lunch, and another 25-minute treatment from the choices above.
This break is not suitable if you are pregnant. If you have any serious medical conditions you should check with your doctor before starting any kind of new physical activity.
PLEASE NOTE – your itinerary and further details will be emailed to you closer to the date of your event so please ensure our Reservations team has your correct email address. Call 01664 433000 to update your details.