Thursday 9th to Saturday 11th May 2019
Improve your fitness on our Nordic Walking Break – Beginner or Intermediate level – featuring Nordic Walking UK techniques.
Perhaps because it is so accessible, free of charge and just about anyone can do it, walking is often overlooked as a means of getting into shape. Surprisingly, there is a wealth of scientific research out there to prove it can be effective for improving your fitness level and helping control your weight. And with inclusive treatments, unlimited use of the spa and three-course dining just some of the extra benefits of attending a walking break with us at Ragdale Hall, we’re confident you’ll relax and leave us fully revitalised too.
We are offering two levels of Nordic Walking Break, both led by Caroline Fisher of Nordic Walking UK. Caroline is a highly experienced Nordic Walking UK team member who delivers NWUK’s bespoke 4-Gear Programme and issues the NWUK Passport. She runs a highly regarded group in the North West and has featured in Great Outdoors magazine. Caroline led the previous Fitness Walking Breaks at Ragdale in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Beginners’ Nordic Walking Break is suitable for those who are new to walking for fitness, as well as those already committed but who wish to learn new techniques to make walking more effective, and more fun! During this break you’ll be offered varied sessions and techniques and, as an added benefit, you will work your way through the Nordic Walking 4-Gear Programme and go away with a Nordic Walking Freedom Passport. This will then enable you to join walks and events throughout the country organised by Nordic Walking UK, and access other membership benefits and discounts.
The Intermediate Nordic Walking Break is for those walkers who have already gained the Nordic Walking Freedom Passport with Nordic Walking UK and so have some knowledge of walking techniques. Building on this knowledge, Caroline will work with you to develop your technique further and take you to a more advanced level.
Please advise our Reservations team which level of Nordic Walking Break you would like to attend at the time of booking (remember, you must have your Freedom Passport from Nordic Walking UK if you wish to book onto the Intermediate level.)
All the activity sessions and presentations will be exclusive to those guests on the Nordic Walking Breaks. They are of course mainly outdoor sessions, so please bring enough suitable clothing and footwear for the unpredictable English weather! Poles will be provided during the sessions – or you are welcome to bring your own if you have them.
As well as the special sessions, you will have plenty of time to enjoy Ragdale’s spa facilities and pools – including the new rooftop pool. You can also join other classes on our varied fitness and relaxation timetable. Ragdale is all about ‘me-time’ and relaxation, so you can be as active as you like – or just relax with a book between sessions in one of our beautiful lounges.
The two-night Nordic Walking Breaks include:
• Arrive from 2pm for your first session at 3pm
• Welcome and introduction to the break including your first walking session
• Two structured Nordic Walking sessions – NEW routes for 2019!
• A joint Group Hike on your final morning to put into practice what you have learned
• A pre-dinner informal Q&A session with Caroline on Friday evening
• A choice of two 25-minute treatments from: Soothing Back Massage?A Swedish-style massage, using medium pressure designed to release tension from the muscles of the back and neck. , Conditioning Foot Treatment?A conditioning treatment utilising O.P.I’s specialist care products. The toe nails are cut or filed to the required length, the cuticles are conditioned and the feet are massaged. Please note this treatment does not treat severe calluses or hard skin and does not include nail paint., Conditioning Hand Treatment?A conditioning treatment utilising O.P.I’s specialist care products to restore or maintain hands and nails. This treatment includes nail filing, cuticle work and a hand massage, but does not include nail paint. OR a Tension Release Scalp Therapy?A relaxing scalp massage which relieves tension over the head and neck.
• All meals; three-course lunch and dinner in the Dining Room, with breakfast served to your room
• Full use of all Ragdale’s facilities including Thermal Spa, gym and exercise classes as listed under the ‘What’s included in every visit’ tab.
Price per person sharing Economy Room ?Our smallest rooms with restricted/little view, however they all have fresh, bright decor. £389 Standard Room ?Slightly larger than Economy Rooms with different decor and in a different location. These rooms have restricted or no views. /The Lodge ?Ideal for a small group or individuals who seek a little seclusion. An attractive country cottage which houses four luxury twin bedded rooms and is situated 200 metres from the main entrance. Each room is equipped with a mini bar and Lodge guests also have the pleasure of a small private garden. £437 Superior Room ?Similar to our Superior Plus rooms but decorated differently, slightly smaller, although still spacious, with breakfast table and comfy chairs. Views in Superior rooms vary. £473 Single Supplement £65
You may wish to book an extra night on Wednesday 8th May for only £169 per person twin occupancy or £199 per person in a single room, to include dinner, breakfast and lunch, and another 25-minute treatment from the choices above. It’s the perfect way to start your Nordic Walking Break feeling relaxed and raring to go.
PLEASE NOTE – your itinerary and further details will be emailed to you closer to the date of your event so please ensure the Reservations team has your correct email address.