Ragdale Recommends – Autumn edition
Hello autumn! A new season calls for a new skincare regime. With the change of weather and lack of day-light hours, our skin needs more help to keep it glowing and hydrated.
We’ve asked our beauty therapists for their top tips on how to give your skin the boost it needs this season.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid too much caffeine and alcohol – this will stop your skin from looking and feeling dehydrated.
- Purchase a good quality face and body moisturiser. Ageing causes cell renewal to slow down which results in drier skin, so a good moisturiser will help to increase skin elasticity, making it appear plumper.
- Exfoliate two or three times a week to remove dead skin cells. This will help your products to absorb deeper into the skin and give you a brighter complexion.
- A good anti-ageing eye, neck and hand cream are also well worth the investment as these areas age faster than other parts of the body.
- Use SPF daily, even in the autumn/winter. The sun causes a lot of damage to our skin and its sun’s UV rays can have a detrimental effect on collagen which strengthens the skin’s elasticity.
- Get plenty of sleep. A pale and dull complexion is one of the most obvious signs of insufficient sleep. During sleep, your body repairs and renews itself. A healthy sleep pattern is one of the biggest keys to a more youthful look.
- You know what they say, ‘you are what you eat’. Nothing is truer for the state of your skin. If you are looking after your body with a well-balanced diet and regular exercise, you will reap the rewards with your skin.
Here’s our recommendations on products to help give you that fresh, youthful look.
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Cream, £87
Featured in Vogue as one of their ‘Beauty Heroes’, this anti-aging cream is the perfect all-in-one facial moisturiser. It is clinically proven to reduce the depth of wrinkles, improve skin firmness, tone and hydrate within two weeks of use.
ELEMIS Pro Collagen Marine Mask, £52
Treat yourself to this luxurious face mask that will help instantly firm and tone the skin using a blend of powerful algae and Padina Pavonica. Use two or three times a week after cleansing.
Clarins Super Restorative Tinted Cream, SPF 20 £46
This day cream is like drinking water for your body. Enriched with exclusive organic Harungana extract, a ‘healing’ tree from Madagascar, it replenishes the skin at all levels and cares for dry skin on the face, leaving your skin brighter, lifted and radiant. This cream is also tinted and comes in five flattering shades.
Clarins Satin Smooth Body Lotion, £31
As it says in the name, this Clarins body lotion infuses the skin with radiance, softness and suppleness of satin. This light non-greasy cream texture leaves your skin hydrated and with its gorgeous peachy scent, it’s simply irresistible!
Decleor White Magnolia Cream Absolute, £85
Re-energise the skin with this exquisitely soft moisturiser formulated with peony, lychee and rhodiola extracts. Your skin will look plumper, firmer and leave you with a fresh luminous glow.
Why not try our Ragdale Recommends autumn products on your next visit? Or alternatively, give our Beauty Shop a call on 01664 434411 ext. 303 and purchase through our Bespoke Beauty Mail Order Service. All orders £50 and over will receive FREE delivery!