Leighton Denny recently visited Ragdale Hall to introduce his new Atmospheric Collection. The stunning colours in the range are all available to purchase from the Ragdale Hall Beauty Shop via mail order – call 01664 434411 extension 303.
Here is Leighton talking to our guests about where the inspiration for the range came from, about his history in the industry and also giving some great tips on hand care in the winter.
And here are Leighton’s Winter Nail Care Tips:
Winter Nails by Leighton Denny
The combination of cold weather and central heating can wreak havoc with our nails, not least because our hands are constantly exposed to the harsh conditions of winter. The result? Dry, unconditioned nails that peel and flake at the drop of an emery board. Hardly the look of the season, is it?
Follow these simple steps for beautiful healthy nails this Winter:
PROTECTING YOUR HANDS
• Always wear rubber gloves when doing household chores – not sexy, but hot water, poor drying and no hand cream is a fast route to dry, damaged nails.
• Always moisturise your hands after you wash them. Put a tube of hand cream at every sink in the house and one on your desk at work, so there’s no excuse not to massage a blob into your hands after every wash.
• Try Leighton Denny Expert Nails Best Defence (£9.00) – it’s like wearing an invisible pair of gloves to provide protection from the elements including sun protection – it might be cold but the winter sun can still cause sun damage!
PROTECTING YOUR NAILS IN THE WINTER
• Always file nails using a Crystal Nail File tilted at an angle under the nail; the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Crystal Nail File (£12.00) turns nails to dust and has a lifetime guarantee.
• Avoid using course emery boards, which can cause the nail to split and peel.
• Never file nails when wet – this is when they are most vulnerable to damage, as the water works to separate the layers of the nail bed, causing peeling.
• Use a good base coat to prevent staining from dark winter polish shades. Try the award-winning Leighton Denny Expert Nails Under Cover Base Coat (£11.00) with Pro vitamin B5 and Calcium.
• Make sure you use an acetone-free nail polish remover, such as Leighton Denny Expert Nails Essential Remover (£5.50) that has a conditioning formula, to prevent further dehydration.
• For a quick fix for dry nails and cuticles, apply Leighton Denny Expert Nails Slick Tips Nail Oil (£11.00) three times a week to keep nails hydrated and healthy. The Vitamin A and E formula will also strengthen and nourish nails.