5 summer essentials to kick-start the season
With the weather warming up, prepare to bare by following our wonderfully effective top tips and British summertime essentials – all designed to refresh and revive the mind and body, leaving your skin glowing and for the straw hat season! (let’s just hope for a repeat of last year!)
- Drink plenty of water or herbal tea to wake up your senses. Our favourite reenergising teas are peppermint, lemon, orange and mandarin. Green, white and fennel teas are rich in antioxidants to flush away unwanted toxins, boosting and brightening the skin.
- Take vitamins such as vitamins B and C, zinc, iron and ginkgo biloba. These will help you feel revitalised, more awake and boost your mind and body.
- Eat the right foods – seasonal fresh fruits and berries are now starting to sweeten the supermarket shelves, so make the most of it to give your nutrient levels a boost! To make up your five a day, try the widening array of new fresh greens and vegetables that taste fabulous at this time of year and are full of essential nutrients.
- Protect your skin from the sun – UV rays can damage your skin in as little as 15-minutes. To protect your skin, apply sunscreen on every part of your body that will be exposed to the sun at least 15-minutes before going outside, even if it’s cloudy out. But remember, one coat of sunscreen doesn’t last all day so you’ll need to reapply sunscreen every two hours, and don’t forget to reapply after swimming or exercise.
- Make sunglasses your favourite accessory – A stylish pair of shades is essential in the sun to both protect the delicate skin around your eyes, as well as protecting against damaging UV rays. Look for sunglasses that say 100% UV protection.