Anthony’s Easy Smoked BBQ Brisket
This recipe uses a slow cooker, so you can prepare the meat and turn it on in the morning, and return to it later when cooked.
Smoked BBQ Brisket
Total cooking time for this meal is 12 hours, and serves 6-8 people.
- 1 brisket, 5lbs., first cut
- Salt and pepper
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (use 1/2 tsp for more heat)
- 1 1/2 cups of honey BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Large slow cooker, 6-7 quart capacity
1. Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
3. Dry rub both sides of the brisket with the seasoning mixture.
4. Stir together the honey BBQ sauce and brown sugar.
5. Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker.
6. Place the seasoned brisket, fatty side up, into the slow cooker (the brisket will shrink as it cooks).
7. Cover the top of the brisket with the remaining sauce.
8. Cover the slow cooker and set heat to low for 9 hours, or until fork tender.
Serve up with a lashing of homemade coleslaw and some char-grilled corn on the cob. Healthy and delicious!